I have already shared a bunch of funny questions that you can ask Google Home. These are created by Google, and work on all Google Home devices. What if you want to create something exclusive for your Google Home device? There is a way to do that. Get ready for custom Google Assistant jokes!
Repeat After Me!
Well, that’s the name of the command that you will be using. You will need this command plus the shortcuts feature to create funny questions and answers. Here is how you set it up.
- Go to Google Assistant settings. You can do this by tapping the blue circle at the top right corner within the Google Assistant screen.
- Tap the three dots menu and choose Settings.
- Go to Shortcuts.
- Tap the plus (+) icon to create a new shortcut.
- In “When I say..” add your question or phrase.
- Optionally, add multiple variations of the same question.
- In the Google Assistant should do field, type “Repeat after me,” followed by your custom answer / joke.
I tested this with something for my daughter. I set it up to ask “Who is Elena”. My custom answer was “Elena is a silly girl”. Imagine my five year old listening to this on Google Home Mini in our bedroom!
The best part of this feature is this, you can set it up on one device and it should work on any device that you use the Assistant on. For example, I created this shortcut on my Pixelbook, sitting in my living room. I went to my bedroom, and asked the question, and got the expected answer.
So, go ahead and give this a try now and let me know how it goes. If you manage to create some awesome jokes or pranks, drop me a comment so that I and other readers here can try them too!