By default, Google Assistant has a female voice. Recently, Google made an additional male voice available to Google Assistant users. This is being gradually rolled out, if you do not have this option yet, check again later.
How to Change Assistant to Male Voice
- Open Google Assistant.
- Tap the circular blue icon on the upper right corner.
- Touch the overflow icon in the top-right and go to Settings.
- Go to Preferences and then to Assistant Voice.
How to Switch to Male Voice on Google Home
If you are using Google Home or Google Home Mini, or any other Assistant powered device, you can change voice preferences from the Home app. Complete the following steps to do this:
- Open the Google Home app
- From the hamburger menu, go to More Settings.
- Now go to Preferences > Assistant Voice.
- Here pick Voice 1 for female voice and Voice 2 for the male voice.
Here is a video explaining how to do this:
Google will eventually add more languages and more voices to Google Assistant. When they do that, this is the same method that you will use to change your Assistant voice preferences. I want to buy one of those Pixel Buds when they are available. Hopefully, we will get the same option there as well.