Okay, first up, if you have never used the “My Day” feature on Google Home and Google Assistant, you should start today. If you are a Google Home fan, this is a really good way to start your day.
What is Google Home My Day?
My Day is your daily briefing from Google Assistant. It gives you a summary of things that you care about. By default, My Day summaries include the following:
- Work commute
- Next meeting
My Day is available on:
- Google Home
- Android phones with version 6.0 or later
- Android TVs.
Accessing My Day
Just like most of the Google Home features, you can simply say “Okay Google, tell me about my day” to listen to your My Day summary. If you prefer typing, you can type in the same command, or even just My Day to get your daily briefing. In chat mode, you will not get spoken audio items like news updates if you have selected any.
This is not a morning-only thing though. You can use the command to get a briefing at any time of the day.
Customizing Google Home My Day
To customize My Day briefing, go to Google Assistant settings > My Day. From this screen, you can do the following:
- Include or exclude items. For example, you can remove weather report from your briefing, if you do not want that.
- Quickly access the weather settings (Celsius or Fahrenheit) by clicking the Gear icons next to Weather.
- Set your change you home and work address, for commute alerts. (Again, the gear icon next to Work commute).
- Customize news sources: You can add or remove news sources to include in your summary.
Hopefully, Google will soon add more items and more ways to customize the daily summary. For now, give it a try using the existing features and let me know how it goes! Got questions on how to use this feature? Drop me a comment!