By default, Google Assistant uses Google’s Clock app to set alarms and timers. You can, however, change this. Here is how to make the Assistant use a third party app for alarms.
Change default clock app for Google Assistant
To change the default clock app:
- Say “Okay Google, set timer“.
- The Assistant will now open and ask you to enter the timer duration. You will also see the Clock app icon on this screen.
- Touch the Clock app icon.
- You will now see a list of available clock apps.
- Tap and select the app of your choice.
When you start a timer using the Assistant again, it will use the new app.
Hope you found this tutorial useful. Share your questions and feedback in the comments section.